Sunday, August 1, 2010

"A Secret History of America" by Oliver Stone

My 54th birthday is on Tuesday. It's also my four year anniversary of camping at Camp Redington. Maybe I'll have a big bonfire and burn all the moldy tarps and books I rescued (too late) from the wall tent. Please feel free to send cash presents via our paypal donation button on the right. It's been a broke year and there's a few things I need to buy before winter hits next month. Plus I could sure use a case of black beer in case anyone stops by for my cookout.

I haven't had enough time lately to read all the interesting things coming into my mailbox and via comments here at the blog. Reading Manly P. Hall, and once I got past his difficult but essential lesson in the history of philosophy, I began to understand why john recommended it to me. In the meantime, even with all my growing anxiety and stress over my uncertain future and the future of my country and what's happening to the rest of the world, I keep plugging away at the gertee book as if it still matters. Gertee is possibly the hardest book I've written so far. It's impossible to keep my anti communitarian sentiments out of the text, and some days it reads just like a topic page off the ACL. I delete more than I save.

I've always been somewhat of a fan of Stone's movies, even though I was sure we disagreed politically. One Hollywood actor from Venezuela think he's a communist tool. Does Maria understand communitarianism in her home country? Still, like the hilarious Jesse Ventura series, I would really like to see this new series Stone's produced. What secrets does he reveal? Has anyone ever heard Stone use the word "communitarian?" Is he aware of the way it's sweeping South American politics? http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/Article_59231.shtml

Stone's being attacked by the Jewish media enforcement teams for suggesting Jews control the media. As Gilad Atzmon says, "Stone apologized for telling the truth" http://gilad.squarespace.com/writings/gilad-atzmon-oliver-stone-apologized-for-telling-the-truth.html

New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/27/movies/27arts-OLIVERSTONEC_BRF.html?_r=2&scp=2&sq=Oliver%20stone&st=cse

ARTS, BRIEFLY

Oliver Stone Controversy


By BROOKS BARNES; Compiled by DAVE ITZKOFF


Published: July 26, 2010


Oliver Stone found himself the catalyst of an online brush fire on Monday after he made comments published in The Sunday Times of London that were interpreted as anti-Semitic. In an interview with The Times to promote his documentary “South of the Border,” which is about South American politics, Mr. Stone defended Hitler. “Hitler was a Frankenstein, but there was also a Dr. Frankenstein,” he said. “German industrialists, the Americans and the British. He had a lot of support. Hitler did far more damage to the Russians than the Jewish people.” Mr. Stone then proceeded to discuss what he called “the Jewish domination of the media,” adding with an expletive that Israel had messed up “United States foreign policy for years.” Bloggers quickly picked up on the comments, and the American Jewish Committee issued a news release condemning him. “By invoking this grotesque, toxic stereotype, Oliver Stone has outed himself as an anti-Semite,” the committee’s executive director, David Harris, said in the release. Mr. Stone, whose next Hollywood movie, “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps,” will be released by 20th Century Fox on Sept. 24, has stirred controversy with his comments in this arena before. In January the director told a gathering of television critics that “Hitler is an easy scapegoat” while discussing his Showtime nonfiction mini-series, “Secret History of America.” At that time the Simon Wiesenthal Center harshly rebuked him for the remarks. A spokesman for Mr. Stone was not immediately available to comment.
Did anyone hear the show Jeff Rense and Devvy Kidd did on Communitarianism?
http://tobefree.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/devvy-kidd-communitarianism-since-nafta/

9 comments:

Katko said...

check this just out...
explains a lot of the younger one's programming...
http://noisyroom.net/blog/2010/07/31/howard-zinn-outed-as-a-communist-and-a-

Niki Raapana said...

good find, made a comment...heh.

Anonymous said...

For a quicker read, try "Secret Destiny of America" by M.P. Hall. It's the precursor for what's taking shape now in political realities. There are no "accidents". Every policy has an objective which the public are not privy to. Manly P. Hall provides the template for a good glimpse of what these people are trying to do.

We don't know everything since we're not "insiders" or adepts. These people communicate through symbols. Hegel was one such student in a long line of guardians of an ancient wisdom called the "mysteries".

That said, I'd encourage you to continue with the Gertee Book. The Apostle Paul built tents to raise funds for his various missions. If my projections are correct, people will be even poorer in the coming years and there will be a huge demand for affordable and efficient shelter.

Anonymous said...

Here's complete link referred in Katko's comment: http://noisyroom.net/blog/2010/07/31/howard-zinn-outed-as-a-communist-and-a-liar/ .

Happy Birthday Niki!

Pete

Niki Raapana said...

john i sure appreciate your comments here. i don't know exactly who you are but it doesn't matter. I really do need all the help and encouragement I can get, and your telling me Paul was a tent maker made me remember what I used to believe and care about with all my heart. After years of living in a community of phony Christian communitarians and being attacked by extreme right wing fundamentalists, I forgot that the Jesus I believed in when I was a child was charitable and kind and His followers walked His talk.

hey griz! i miss our talks, maybe i'll plug the phone in tomorrow and you can give me a call? same #.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Niki!!!

Markoff said...

Hi Niki.

Just catching up with your blog. :)

Great piece of journalism you wrote in the UK Column recently.



Here's a few posts I stumbled across recently:


Book On Hitler Youth Warns Of Communitarian Dangers

http://www.bloggernews.net/124527



Transcending Communitarian Bounds

http://sufinews.blogspot.com/2010/04/transcending-communitarian-bounds.html



Keep up the great research. Miss you on farcebook... and happy birthday fellow Leo. :D

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Niki from Boise Idaho!!

Stop Common Purpose said...

Happy Birthday!